Monday 10 September 2012

DIY: Pastel Pink Hair

Ever dreamed of having mermaid hair? I did! With a new pastel hair trend hitting up the runway, red carpet and the entire internet-I got a little envious and decided to try it out for myself! Here is my how-to guide!

*For this to work properly, your hair has to be very light blond so the colour really shows. Dye your hair first. Manic Panic carries a vegan bleaching kit called "Flashlightening"

http://www.manicpanic.com/
1. I bought Manic Panic (a vegan company) semi-permanent color cream in shade Cotton Candy Pink.

2. I made a strand test by taping three small  sections of hair too aluminium foil on a board




3. I mixed a bit of dye with conditioner in a bowl and continued to add a bit of both until I got the desired colour and amount of product to saturate my hair. For the strand test I painted each hair section and added 10 min to each one to what was the appropriate saturation time. Mine was 30 min.




4. I separated my hair into 4 sections and evenly saturated each one. Then, I left on for 30 min! 
5. I ran my hair under cold water and let it run until clear..then gave it a blow-dry!


Voila! My sister was freaking out...I felt like a rockstar.

Thanks for reading,
xo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment